Friday night was movie night at our house with a few of our good friends for an encore viewing of Avatar. My friend Mia makes the BEST spring rolls so that was the launching point for our Asian themed meal. We wanted simple, so I made fried rice and this Asian Slaw. Everything complemented each perfectly and the salad was so tasty, the I decided to make it again tonight and add some shredded roasted chicken to turn it into a meal on it’s own.
This is quick, fresh and with some fresh warm bread makes a great light meal.
Asian Slaw with Roasted Chicken
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Ponzu Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 head Napa Cabbage – thinly sliced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers – thinly sliced
- 1 package (8 oz.) Snow Peas – thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 6 Green Onion, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 2 – 3 cups Shredded Roast Chicken – shredded white meat
- 1/2 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons toasted Sesame Seeds
In small bowl, whisk first 6 ingredients and season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
Mix all cabbage and remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add enough dressing to coat. Be careful not to use too much dressing or salad will become soggy. Check seasoning and if needed, add more salt & pepper.